Directions: Dresher Ensemble Studio
- Enter 2201 Poplar St., Oakland, CA 94607 into your navigation app or program. Park on Poplar St. or on West Grand Ave. (just around the corner from the entrance). The entrance to the building is on Poplar Street, marked on the map by the purple pin.
- Check in with the Jazz in the Neighborhood representative at the entrance (they will be wearing a Jazz in the Neighborhood hat). If there is no representative there, use the call box to call “Musical Traditions” or New Performance Traditions”.
- From inside the building, there will be signs posted to direct you to the studio. Enter the lobby and immediately go to your right past the elevator and mailboxes to reach the steel stairway.
- At the top of the stairs, go past the elevator (on your right) and you will turn to the left to enter a large open area. After entering this area, there will be a hallway across the area in front of you. Go down this hallway, not the larger hallway to your left.
- We are at the Paul Dresher Ensemble studio, #2381 (on your left as you walk down the hallway). We’ll be outside the studio to greet you and assign you your seat before you walk in. If there is a line of audience members outside, please be mindful of your distance.
Please email us if you have accessibility needs and we will coordinate with you with alternate directions.
- All audience members must show proof of full vaccination (two Pfizer or Moderna shots or one J&J shot, and a booster shot). We appreciate your cooperation in keeping all audience members and musicians safe.
- Please wear a mask at any time while you are in the building. This applies to both vaccinated and unvaccinated audience members. Musicians will not be required to wear masks, but there will be ample spacing between the audience and musicians.
- Food and drink (other than water) are not allowed. We will not be able to provide water for this show, so please bring your own.
- There will be a maximum of 50 tickets sold for each show, and all tickets will be will-call to minimize contact at the door.
- Seats in the studio will be placed with distance between them. Please be respectful of those around you and maintain that distance. Seats may be rearranged to accommodate those who may want to sit closer to each other, but please be aware of your distance to other groups outside of your household when doing so.
- There may be a short intermission in the middle of the concert. Please stay in the studio/building in order to limit disruption or delays at the beginning of the second set if so.
- Please keep mingling between households to a minimum before, during, and after the show. We will not be strictly enforcing this, but please be aware of and respect other audience members’ comfort levels.
- After the show, please exit the studio and building promptly, with your mask on.
- If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us.